Here’s a festive variation of Flourless Oatmeal Muffins. This recipe replaces some of the fruit serving with pumpkin, keeping a little bit of banana for sweetness and adding generous amounts of heavenly fall spices.
Just like their banana oat cousin, these are perfect for traveling or making ahead to grab and go on a busy morning. This makes one breakfast, but if you want to scale up the recipe and batch cook these, they keep well in the fridge or freezer and can be microwaved for a few seconds to warm them up. Enjoy!
- 1 oz rolled oats
Fruit & Veggies
- 3 oz pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 3 oz banana, mashed about 1 small banana
- 2 Tbsp almond butter 1 oz
- 2 Tbsp dry toasted pecans 1 oz
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice see notes for DIY version
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease muffin tins or use muffin liners.
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
- Scoop the batter into each muffin tin almost all the way to the top. I usually make 4 muffins.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they have firmed up.
- Cool completely before eating, otherwise they will be too gooey.
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- To make these muffins gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats. Oats are a naturally gluten-free grain, but are often processed with products containing gluten and this contamination can be enough to trigger an immune response in those with high gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.