Who doesn’t love a refreshing, cold, fruit smoothie on a hot summer day? This breakfast takes your typical fruit smoothie to the next level! Don’t worry about sticking to the recipe here, just make a nice thick smoothie, put it in a bowl, and top with your favorite store bought or homemade granola, some fresh fruit, and other yummy fixin’s if you’re feeling fancy. I like chia seeds, hemp seeds, coconut flakes, and a few extra nuts.
- 1 cup frozen berries
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plant-based yogurt
- 1 cup plant-based milk
- Any other smoothie add-ins of choice (superfood powders, etc.)
- Your favorite store bought or homemade granola see notes
- Fresh berries or fruit
- Sprinkle of nuts
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds or hemp seeds
- Unsweetened coconut flakes
- In a blender or food processor, blend the smoothie ingredients, adding water or milk to thin to desired consistency. If you want a thicker smoothie base, use a food processor instead of a blender, as you’ll need less liquid. If using a food processor, be sure to freeze pre-sliced bananas otherwise you’ll get get a rowdy banana in the food processor.
- Pour into two bowls and top with granola, fruit, seeds and any other toppings of choice.
- Serve and eat immediately, before it melts!
- For instructions on making your own granola, check out this post!