If you like spiralizing veggies and have a spiralizer, this one is easy, quick, and super flavorful. It reminds me of Cashew Cabbage Stir Fry, but with zoodles instead of cabbage. If you’re working with pre-spiralized zoodles, this is a perfect quick weeknight meal that takes less than 15 minutes from start to finish.
- 4 medium zucchinis spiralized on the medium setting
- 8 oz shiitake mushrooms sliced
Protein & Fat
- 1/4 cup roasted cashews 2 oz
Sesame Garlic Lime Sauce
- Chopped fresh cilantro to garnish
- Sprinkle of peanuts or sesame seeds to garnish
- Rice to serve optional
- Spiralize the zucchini on the medium setting.
- Heat the sesame oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and sauté for 3-5 minutes, until browned.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir until fragrant.
- Add the rest of the sauce ingredients to the pan, except for the peanut butter, along with the spiralized zucchini.
- Using tongs or two large spoons, gently toss/lift up the pan contents every 10-20 seconds or so for about 2-3 minutes until everything is lightly cooked and heated through. The zucchini will release some liquid, which will help to make a nice sauce. When it’s almost ready, add the peanut butter and cashews and toss. Remove from heat.
- Divide into two equal sized portions. Garnish with fresh chopped cilantro.
- Be careful not to overcook this dish, or it will end up a watery mess. Err on the side of not enough time. The goal isn’t to cook the zoodles as much as it is to warm them up.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.