Need something else to put my favorite ever Chipotle Lime Sauce on? How about a quinoa salad? This yummy sauce comes together in a couple of minutes and is awesome for having around in the fridge to add to pretty much anything. It turns this quinoa bowl into a delicious and satisfying flavor explosion. This salad is yummy warm or cold, and perfect for potlucks.
Perfect in the summertime, this is a great way to use up veggies from the previous night’s cookout (I’m thinking grilled corn). Light enough for lunch and hearty enough for dinner, and I won’t pretend I haven’t eaten this for breakfast once or twice. Enjoy!
- 3 cups cooked quinoa (3/4 cup dry) 12 oz cooked
Chipotle Lime Sauce (Makes 4 Servings)
- 1 ear of fresh corn or 10 oz frozen corn
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes in season
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1 red onion diced
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil 1 oz
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- Place the dry quinoa in a saucepan with a pinch of salt with a 1:2 quinoa to water ratio. Simmer, covered, about 15 min until water is evaporated. Rinse in cold water and toss in a mesh strainer to cool.
- Heat 1 Tbsp of oil in a skillet over medium heat and sauté the onions and pepper for 5-8 minutes. Add tomatoes and corn to cook or defrost the corn and blister the tomatoes, another 5 minutes. I love to use roasted corn the morning after grilling.
- Make the Chipotle Lime Sauce in a small blender cup, or in a small jar with an immersion blender. Add water or milk to reach desired consistency. Divide into 4 equal servings.
- Toss together the quinoa, remaining 1 Tbsp of olive oil, veggies, avocado, cilantro, and sauce. Season to taste.
- Keeps well in the fridge for a few days (though the avocado will brown)