- 1 spaghetti squash
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes halved
Pesto (Makes 4 Servings)
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves packed
- 1/4 cup olive oil 2 oz
- 3/4 cup nuts (pine nuts, walnuts, pecans) 6 oz
- 1/4 cup cheese of choice vegan cheese, almond ricotta, parmesan, nutritional yeast, extra nuts, etc. (2 oz)
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 tsp good quality sea salt or more to taste
- Cut the spaghetti squash in half lengthwise and scoop out the seeds. Cut into large chunks and steam in a steamer basket or bake face down on parchment paper at 400°F for 25-30 minutes, or until it is soft and shreddable with a fork.
- Shred and fluff the spaghetti squash with two forks.
- Make the pesto by processing everything in a food processor except the cheese and a few nuts, reserved for texture. Adjust with salt and lemon to taste, and stir in the cheese and reserved nuts.
- Portion out your desired amount of spaghetti squash. Top with pesto and tomatoes.