These flourless pancakes are a fun way to brighten up a dark winter morning. Play with the fruit toppings, try orange slices, pomegranate, pears, seeds, etc.
The key with these is to slow cook them on low heat on a non-stick pan or griddle.
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, dry 2 oz
- 3 Tbsp dry cornmeal 1.5 oz
- 3/4 cup plant-based milk 6 oz
- 1/4 cup applesauce 2 oz
- Zest of one orange
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp maple syrup optional
- Orange slices
- Pomegranate seeds
- Dollop of plant-based yogurt
- Hemp seeds or nuts
- Additional citrus zest
- Mix all ingredients (except toppings) together in a medium-sized bowl. Let the batter sit for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat a bit of cooking oil in a nonstick pan or griddle on medium-low heat.
- Cook for 5-6 minutes, until risen and holding together when poked with a spatula. Don’t disturb them while cooking.
- Flip and cook for 2 minutes on other side. If the batter is still a little runny you can push the edges toward the center with a spatula as they cook to shape them.
- Top with yummy things and enjoy!
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.