Well, I’ve done it. I’ve gone and got myself an Instant Pot. I couldn’t resist all the hype any longer. All I’ve done is cooked beets in it so far, but I was impressed. 15 minutes to completely cook 6 medium sized, whole, raw beets? This could be a game changer.
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 29-ounce can unsweetened pumpkin puree, or 1 medium sugar pumpkin peeled and diced
- serve with pumpkin seeds or yogurt
- 1 can coconut milk
- Set Instant Pot to Saute. Saute onion and spices for 2-4 minutes, until fragrant.
- Add can of pumpkin puree and can of coconut milk, as well as desired amount of broth. Stir to mix.
- Cook on high pressure for 15 minutes. Allow pressure to release naturally, or do quick release, whatever is most convenient.
- Alternatively, to cook on a stovetop, sauté the onion, cubed pumpkin (if using) and spices together for a few minutes. Add the pumpkin puree (if using), coconut milk and broth, simmer, covered, for 10-15 minutes. Blend if desired.