This is a comforting, versatile dish that can be combined with many different proteins or grains. The oil creates a rich, filling sauce. It takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish in the
Readers often ask me which Instant Pot I recommend. I have the Duo model, and I absolutely love it. It has 7 handy functions including a pressure cooker, sterilizer, slow cooker, rice cooker, steamer, sauté, yogurt maker, and food warmer. It's a great size, and the cheapest model. I personally don't think that the fancy features on the more expensive models are worth the higher price tag. This one does everything I could ever need!
- 2 medium eggplants, cubed
- 2 bell peppers, yellow and red
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes, including liquid
- 1/4 cup olive oil, 2 oz
Condiments & Seasonings
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp good quality sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Throw everything into the Instant Pot! Boom. That easy!
- Close the pot lid to sealing, and set to Manual (high) for 3 minutes. When it beeps, carefully use Quick Release.
- Remove the lid and turn on the Sauté function. Simmer the dish, uncovered, for about 6-8 minutes to evaporate some liquid. Salt to taste.
- Divide into 4 equal servings and pair with a protein to complete the meal.
- If you’re interested in purchasing an Instant Pot, this model is my recommendation.
- The vegetables release so much water that it’s not necessary to add any liquid. The pot will still be able to come to pressure.