This is a comforting, versatile dish that can be combined with many different proteins or grains. The oil creates a rich, filling sauce. It takes less than 20 minutes from start to finish in the Instant Pot. On those tired weeknights where I want to ditch my planned meal and go out to eat, I often make this as a satisfying and easy alternative. I think it’s even easier and faster than going out, and has that YUM factor that you want on a willpower depleted night.
- 2 medium eggplants cubed
- 2 bell peppers yellow and red
- 1 14.5-oz can diced tomatoes including liquid
- 1/4 cup olive oil 2 oz
Condiments & Seasonings
- 1/2 cup marinara sauce
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp good quality sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Throw everything into the Instant Pot! Boom. That easy!
- Close the pot lid to sealing, and set to Manual (high) for 3 minutes. When it beeps, carefully use Quick Release.
- Remove the lid and turn on the Sauté function. Simmer the dish, uncovered, for about 6-8 minutes to evaporate some liquid. Salt to taste.
- Divide into 4 equal servings and pair with a protein to complete the meal.
- If you’re interested in purchasing an Instant Pot, this model is my recommendation.
- The vegetables release so much water that it’s not necessary to add any liquid. The pot will still be able to come to pressure.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.