Have you ever splurged on fancy balsamic dressing? It’s worth it. Just beware of cheap, fake brands of “balsamic glaze” with ingredients like corn syrup. Real, high quality aged balsamic is syrupy thick, naturally sweet, and only has one ingredient.
When combined with good olive oil, good balsamic eliminates the need to make a dressing by elevating the simplest of salads, like this one with spring greens, thinly sliced red onions, sweet in-season strawberries, and walnuts and avocado for extra satisfaction and crunch.
Strawberry Spinach Salad w/ Balsamic Dressing
- baby arugula or spinach (or both!)
- red onion, thinly sliced, just a little!
- strawberries, sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 oz avocado, half of a small avocado
- 0.5 oz walnuts
- thick balsamic vinegar, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Toss the greens and onions in the oil and a small drizzle of balsamic, to coat.
- Top with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with additional balsamic if desired.