Have you ever splurged on fancy balsamic dressing? It’s worth it. Just beware of cheap, fake brands of “balsamic glaze” with ingredients like corn syrup. Real, high quality aged balsamic is syrupy thick, naturally sweet, and only has one ingredient.
When combined with good olive oil, good balsamic eliminates the need to make a dressing by elevating the simplest of salads, like this one with spring greens, thinly sliced red onions, sweet in-season strawberries, and walnuts and avocado for extra satisfaction and crunch.
- baby arugula or spinach (or both!)
- red onion, thinly sliced just a little!
- strawberries sliced
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1.5 oz avocado half of a small avocado
- 0.5 oz walnuts
- thick balsamic vinegar to taste
- fresh ground black pepper
- Toss the greens and onions in the oil and a small drizzle of balsamic, to coat.
- Top with the remaining ingredients. Drizzle with additional balsamic if desired.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.