Is there anything better than soft, warm baked goods in the morning alongside a hot beverage? As much as I love this idea, I’ve also found that super sweet breakfasts never get the day off to the right start. If I start my day with a blast of sugar and flour, I find myself on a mood and blood sugar roller coaster, chasing my hunger and energy levels all day. These sugar and flour free breakfast cookies changed all that.
These sugar and flour free breakfast cookies work by using absorbent oats, fresh fruit, ripe bananas, and the healthy fats and oils in nut butter. They are delicious, nutritious, and great for using up pantry odds and ends.
Since discovering these cookies, I now know what it feels like to start my day with a meal that will leave me well fueled for a productive morning, and avoid the dreaded mid-morning blood sugar crash. (As a classroom teacher with no morning snack opportunities, this has been so valuable!) These cookies have become a true staple! These cookies are perfect for making ahead, freeze well, and travel well. I don’t get on planes without them, and I always make a big batch when heading off on a camping or hiking trip. They are also great for grab-and-go work mornings.
Watch How to Make These Banana Oat Cookies
If you try these tasty breakfast treats, let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others!
Banana Oat Breakfast Cookies
- 1/4 cup dry rolled oats, 1 oz
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp fresh ground nutmeg, optional, but yummy!
- 1 banana, 4 oz
- 3 Tbsp nut butter, 1.5 oz
- 1 Tbsp nuts, 0.5 oz
- 1/8 cup fresh, frozen, or dried berries (2 oz)
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana and nut butter together in a bowl with a fork.
- Stir in rolled oats, nuts, and spices.
- Scoop batter onto parchment paper and shape into 3 or 4 rounds with your hands or a spoon.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and holding together. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
- When cookies are completely cool, they can be stored in an airtight container or frozen.
Want More Healthy Breakfast Baking Inspiration?
You can also check out these yummy posts:
- Sugar & Flour Free Baking Hacks
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Spiced Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Oat Breakfast Bars
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Apple Carrot Breakfast Bread (Sugar & Flour Free)
- 1-Ingredient Easy Lentil Flatbread
- Flourless Cornbread
- Healthy Zucchini & Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins
- Blueberry & Almond Flourless Oatmeal Muffins
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins