I learned how to to bake without sugar and flour back when I followed a rigid food program that cut out flour and sweeteners entirely. Even though I’ve moved far away from that program, I haven’t ever been tempted to add flour or sweeteners into these sugar and flour free breakfast cookies, because I adore them exactly as is. Why mess with a great thing?
These sugar and flour free breakfast cookies work by using absorbent oats, fresh fruit, ripe bananas, and the healthy fats and oils in nut butter. They are delicious, nutritious, and great for using up pantry odds and ends.
Since discovering these cookies, I now know what it feels like to start my day with a meal that will leave me well fueled for a productive morning, and avoid the dreaded mid-morning blood sugar crash. (As a classroom teacher with no morning snack opportunities, this has been so valuable!) These cookies have become a true staple! These cookies are perfect for making ahead, freeze well, and travel well. I don’t get on planes without them, and I always make a big batch when heading off on a camping or hiking trip. They are also great for grab-and-go work mornings.
If you try these tasty breakfast treats, let me know! Leave a comment below, rate it, or tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen. Or, join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others!
- 1/4 cup dry rolled oats 1 oz
- 1 banana 4 oz
- 1/8 cup fresh, frozen, or dried berries 2 oz
- 3 Tbsp nut butter 1.5 oz
- 1 Tbsp walnuts or pecans 0.5 oz
- Preheat the oven to 350° F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mash the banana and nut butter together in a bowl with a fork.
- Stir in rolled oats, nuts, and spices.
- Scoop batter onto parchment paper and shape into 3 or 4 rounds with your hands or a spoon.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until lightly browned and holding together. Let cool for a few minutes before eating.
- When cookies are completely cool, they can be stored in an airtight container or frozen.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.
More Resources for Sugar & Flour Free Eaters
If you love these cookies, get more creative with my general breakfast cookie template that teaches you how to make healthy breakfast cookies without a recipe.
You can also check out the following resources:
- How to Bake Without Sugar and Flour
- Resources for Sugar & Flour Free Eaters
- Cookbook: Sugar & Flour Free Recipes for Weight Loss
- Cookbook: Sugar & Flour Free Recipes for Weight Maintenance
- Cookbook: Sugar & Flour Free Recipes for the Instant Pot
- Seasonal Eating Cookbook
- Joyful Eating Cookbook
Want More Healthy Breakfast Baking Inspiration?
You can also check out these yummy baked goods:
- Quinoa Breakfast Cookies
- Pumpkin Spiced Breakfast Cookies
- Banana Oat Breakfast Bars
- Baked Oatmeal Cups
- Apple Carrot Breakfast Bread (Sugar & Flour Free)
- 1-Ingredient Easy Lentil Flatbread
- Flourless Cornbread
- Healthy Zucchini & Banana Oat Breakfast Muffins
- Blueberry & Almond Flourless Oatmeal Muffins
- Pumpkin Oat Muffins