This simple, sweetener-free cranberry sauce is very tart! The bitterness of the cranberries is offset by the cooked apples and pineapple. I love the tartness, but if you want it sweeter, add some honey or brown sugar to taste. This pairs beautifully with everything else on your holiday plate, and the leftovers make a fun oatmeal topping too!
More Healthy Holiday Recipes:
- How to Make Gravy Without Flour
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Pumpkin Apple Bisque (Vegan!)
- Wild Rice Stuffing w/ Apples, Cranberries, & Toasted Pecans
- The Best Vegan Mushroom Risotto
If you make this sugar free cranberry sauce, leave a star rating or comment below to help out other readers! You can also tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen, or join my free private facebook group to share your creations and keep the inspiration going!
Sugar-Free Cranberry Sauce
- 2 cups fresh whole cranberries
- 1 cups diced pineapple
- 1/2 small apple, finely diced
- Combine cranberries and pineapple in a medium sized saucepan.
- Simmer over medium-low heat for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the fruit is broken down and soft. Be careful not to let it burn.
- Add the diced apple and continue cooking for about 15-20 minutes, or until it is cooked down to your desired consistency.
- Can be made ahead, and stored in the refrigerator in a glass container for up to a month.