Did you know you can eat raw corn, and it is juicy, sweet, and delicious? This breakfast polenta is so simple, but absolutely bursting with vibrant summer flavors. It consists of soft, quick-cooking polenta with fresh corn added in for a juicy crunch, ripe cherry tomatoes, a dollop of plant-based ricotta, an a sprinkle of fresh basil to bring you all the summer flavor. YUM.
More Summer Recipes You’ll Love:
- Summer Grillin’ BBQ Ranch Bowl
- Simple Summer Roasted Ratatouille
- Cherry Pie Overnight Oats
- Cherry Almond & Mint Quinoa Salad
- Peach, Blueberry, & Avocado Salad
- Summer Corn & Tomato Salad
- Corn & Potato Chowder (Vegan!)
- 1/4 cup polenta, aka cornmeal
- 1 ear fresh summer corn, raw, cut off the cob, a little bit reserved for garnish
- sweet summer tomatoes or cherry tomatoes, halved or chopped
- scoop ricotta, I use kite hill brand almond ricotta
- pinch of good quality sea salt
- a few grinds of black pepper
- sprinkle of fresh basil, chopped
- Combine the 1/4 cup polenta with 1/2 cup of water and 1/2 cup of milk in a saucepan (or use a 1:4 ratio polenta to liquid) and whisk to remove lumps. Add the raw corn kernels (reserving a little for garnish) and a pinch of salt.
- Begin cooking over low heat. As it begins to sputter and thicken, add water as needed to reach your desired porridge consistency. Different brands and grinds of polenta will need different amounts of water. Note also that it will continue to thicken after removing from the heat. I cook mine for about 10-15 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped tomatoes, fresh basil, a dollop of ricotta, and the reserved raw corn kernels. (Yes, you can eat raw corn and it's delicious!)