It doesn’t get much more refreshing in the summertime than this! Every time I eat cucumber and melon on a hot day it feels so right, like I’m doing something that evolution designed me to do. So hydrating and fresh.
This salad may sound a little strange, but I love it. Ripe, sweet melon is surprisingly delicious with the fresh, crunchy cucumber and tomato and the sharp tang of the lime, vinegar, and red onion. Give it a try!
The oil in this salad is yummy but not necessary, feel free to leave it out for an oil-free dish. It’s also great with a sprinkle of feta, if you eat dairy.
- 1 medium cantaloupe, honeydew melon, or watermelon 24 oz
- 1 cup cucumber, sliced 8 oz
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved 8 oz
- 1/2 cup red onion finely diced or thinly sliced
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 3 Tbsp lime juice fresh squeezed
- 2 Tbsp fresh mint chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Mix the dressing in a medium bowl and add the cucumbers, onions, and tomatoes. Toss to combine. Let them marinate for a few minutes while you cut up the melon.
- Chop the melon into slices and then cubes or scoop it with a melon baller. Gently fold the melon into the rest of the salad.
- Garnish with the fresh mint and salt and pepper to taste.
- This salad is great made ahead and refrigerated for a few hours, as it allows the flavors to meld. (I wouldn’t make it more than 8 hours ahead though).
- This salad is yummy without the oil too, feel free to leave it out or add feta cheese or nuts as a garnish.
*Affiliate Link Disclosure: This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I earn a small commission on sales made from my links at no extra cost to you. The products I recommend in my posts are only brands that I can personally recommend and use myself.