I love fruit in salads, especially with sharp red onion, crunchy nuts, creamy avocado, and a simple vinaigrette to tie it all together.
- 2 oz butter lettuce, chopped
- 2 oz red onions, thinly sliced
- 2 oz cucumber, sliced
- 3 oz peaches, sliced
- 3 oz blueberries
- 1/2 cup chickpeas, cooked or canned 3 oz
- 2 Tbsp toasted pecans, chopped 1 oz
- 1 oz ripe avocado, chopped 1/4 of an avocado
Balsamic Vinaigrette (For One)
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil 0.25 oz
- 1 tsp white balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 tsp Dijon mustard
- pinch onion powder
- pinch salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh mint, chopped
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small cup with a fork.
- In your serving bowl, toss the lettuce, red onions, mint, and cucumbers in the dressing.
- Gently toss with the fruit.
- Garnish with the mint and pecans.
- Appreciate the beauty of your gorgeous, bountiful meal, and gratefully enjoy.
- If you eat dairy, you could swap out the nuts or the chickpeas for your crumbled cheese of choice