Whenever I order tofu scrambles at vegan brunch restaurants (yes, these exist) I’m usually either very disappointed or completely blown away. This recipe is inspired by the latter experience. I absolutely adoooooore this breakfast. This delicious tofu scramble is perfect in the summertime, featuring roasted sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, yummy potatoes, and my favorite ever Chipotle Lime Sauce and a bit of cilantro to tie it all together.
Summer Tofu Scramble w/ Roasted Potatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- 1/2 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 14 ounce package extra-firm tofu, 12 oz
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp turmeric
- 1/8 tsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp water
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 tbsp fresh cilantro chopped, to garnish, or chopped green onions
Sheet Pan Roast
- 12 oz baby potatoes, halved
- 1 ear corn, or 3/4 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1/2 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 tsp olive oil, or a light spray
- sea salt and pepper
- pinch of smoked paprika
Sheet Pan Roast
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the potatoes, corn cob, and tomatoes in a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Roast for 25 minutes.
Chipotle Lime Sauce
- Meanwhile, combine the Chipotle Lime Sauce ingredients in a cup or small jar with a fork, adding water to thin if needed 1 tsp at a time. (Consistency will depend on the brand of tahini you use)
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions and peppers in a tiny bit of oil and cook for 5-7 minutes, until the onions are translucent.
- Drain the tofu and place in a paper towel or clean kitchen towel. With your hands, squeeze out as much water as you can. Don't worry about breaking the tofu into pieces, it's for a scramble!
- In a small bowl or cup, stir together the garlic powder, cumin, turmeric, chili powder, sea salt, and 1 tbsp of water.
- Use a fork to crumble tofu into bite-sized pieces in a bowl. Move the veggies to one side and add tofu to pan. Sauté for 2 minutes. Also add greens at this point, if using.
- Pour the spice slurry over the tofu, distributing it evenly. Gently toss and stir until all of the tofu is coated and seasoned.
- Cook another 5-7 minutes until tofu isn't releasing any more water and smells fragrant.
- Cut the corn off the cob and add it to the scramble along with the roasted potatoes.
- Transfer to serving bowls, garnish with the roasted tomatoes and cilantro, and drizzle with the Chipotle Lime Sauce.