Whenever I order tofu scrambles at vegan brunch restaurants (yes, these exist) I’m usually either very disappointed or completely blown away. This recipe is inspired by the latter experience. I absolutely adoooooore this breakfast. This delicious tofu scramble is perfect in the summertime, featuring roasted sweet corn and cherry tomatoes, yummy potatoes, and my favorite ever Chipotle Lime Sauce and a bit of cilantro to tie it all together.
Potatoes (Grain Alternative)
- 2 handfuls 12 oz baby potatoes, halved
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 1/2 red onion diced
- 1 ear of corn husk and silk removed
- Handful of cherry tomatoes
- Handful of kale chopped
- 12 oz extra-firm tofu
Chipotle Lime Sauce (Makes 4 Portions)
- 1/2 cup 4 oz tahini
- 1 lime juiced
- 1 chipotle chili pepper canned in adobo sauce chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pinch of smoked paprika
- Fresh cilantro or green onions chopped
- Pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Tofu Sauce (Combine in a cup with a fork)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp each garlic powder & cumin
- 1/8 tsp each chili powder & turmeric
- 1 Tbsp water
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rub the potatoes, corn cob, and tomatoes in a tiny bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Bake for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, sauté the onions and peppers in a tiny bit of oil and cook for 5-7 minutes, until browned and liquid has evaporated. Add kale and cover to steam for 2 minutes.
- Blend Chipotle Lime Sauce ingredients, adding water to thin (start with 2 Tbsp).
- Use a fork to crumble tofu into bite-sized pieces. Move the veggies to one side and add tofu to pan. Sauté for 2 minutes, then stir in the tofu sauce. Cook another 5-7 minutes until tofu is slightly browned.
- Toss everything together, garnish, and drizzle with Chipotle Lime Sauce.