This salad satisfies in the summer when mangoes are at their sweetest and our bodies are craving cold, crunchy, and hydrating fruits and veggies! The smoky sesame oil pairs beautifully with the bright mango and sharp bite of the red onion, and the fresh mint and cilantro bring it all together.
- 3 cups savoy or Napa cabbage, finely shredded
- 3 cups purple cabbage, finely shredded
- 1/4 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 mangos, cut into thin strips
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 tsp soy sauce, gf
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 1/4 tsp garlic chili paste or red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup fresh mint, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- Combine the veggies, mango, and fresh herbs together in a large salad bowl. For extra convenience, you can also buy pre-shredded cabbage.
- Combine the dressing together in a small cup with a fork.
- Pour the dressing on the salad and toss it all together until well mixed.
- This salad keeps well in the fridge for a day or two. Making it up to a day ahead will enhance the flavors as the salad sits.