This flavor bomb of a veggie dish is hearty enough for a full meal, but also light enough to serve as a simple side dish. The warming curry spices with the sweet roasted carrots and lemony tahini is such a magical combo. Sprinkle on some herbs and a few seeds and you’ve got a super easy, fancy shmancy meal.
Swaps & Variations
- Try swapping the butter beans for chickpeas or any other white beans
- Feel free to add in any other starchy root veggies along with the carrots. Beets, parsnips, and sweet potatoes are also yummy with curry powder.
- Use pumpkin seeds, hazelnuts, or pistachios for the crunchy garnish
- Lots of fresh herbs are yummy here, such as cilantro, parsley, or thyme.
- Serve them over a bed of quinoa, tossed with curry powder and chopped herbs.
More Yummy Fall Recipes You’ll Love
- Stuffed Delicata Squash Boats
- Butternut Squash and Pomegranate Quinoa
- Carrot Ginger Soup
- Pumpkin Chickpea Curry (Vegan!)
- Butter Bean & Pumpkin Chili
If you make these curry roasted carrots, leave a star rating or comment below! Your feedback is so helpful to me and other readers. You can also tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen, or join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making.
Curry Roasted Carrots w/ Tahini Drizzle
Curry Roasted Carrots
- 3 carrots, halved lengthwise
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- pinch of sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Plating & Garnish
- 2 cups mixed greens, chopped
- 1 cup butter beans, or other white beans
- 1 tbsp fresh herbs, such as dill, cilantro, parsley, or thyme
- 1 tbsp sunflower seeds, or swap pumpkin seeds or hazelnuts
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub the carrots well but do not peel. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Toss the carrots on the pan with the oil and the spices. Place the carrots cut-side facing down onto the baking sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, until the carrots are nicely soft and caramelized.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini sauce ingredients in a cup with a fork, adjusting the consistency with 1 tbsp of water at a time until pourable.
- Toss the greens and white beans with a spoonful of the tahini dressing, then lay the roasted carrots over it. Drizzle with tahini sauce and garnish with herbs and seeds.