This gorgeous and flavorful dish is inspired by this recipe over at Simply Scratch, modified slightly. This recipe makes enough for 2 complete and classy meals. (1 serving pictured above). I was surprised at how filling this was!
- About 2 lb medium carrots
- 2 oz chopped pistachios
Tahini Dressing (Protein + Fat)
- 2 oz tahini, 1 protein serving
- 1 Tbsp olive oil, 1 fat serving
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder or fresh grated garlic
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice, strained to catch seeds
- 1 to 2 Tbsp warm water
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/4 tsp good quality salt
- 1 Tbsp preferred oil for roasting, I use olive oil or coconut oil
- Position the rack in the middle of the oven and then preheat to 400°F.
- Scrub the carrots well but do not peel. Trim off the leafy green tops, leaving an inch or so. Cut the carrots in half lengthwise and place onto a rimmed, metal baking sheet.
- Rub the carrots with the 1 tbsp of oil, turmeric, curry powder, smoked paprika, oregano, garlic powder, pepper, and salt. Place the carrots cut-side facing down onto a rimmed metal baking sheet.
- Roast for 25-30 minutes, rotating the pan partway through.
- Meanwhile, whisk together the tahini sauce ingredients.
- Once the carrots are roasted, immediately transfer them to a platter. Drizzle the tahini sauce over it and garnish with the chopped pistachios and cilantro.