When strawberry season starts, I pretty much eat some version of coyo coconut yogurt and strawberries for weeks on end. This easy, healthy, vanilla chia pudding is made with decadent coconut yogurt, and layered with simple, sugar free strawberry compote. It’s naturally grain and gluten free. Feel free to use your favorite yogurt or milk, plant-based or dairy. It all is delicious and works great.
How to make chia pudding:
Chia pudding is simply milk or yogurt mixed well with chia seeds and refrigerated overnight. It thickens after a few hours of refrigeration and turns into a lovely pudding consistency. Be sure to mix it well to avoid clumps. The ratios are also quite important, and it’s easy to accidentally get runny pudding or chia concrete. You might need to experiment with the ratios to find the texture that you enjoy. Play around with the flavors too, and different fruits for different variations. For an extra fun texture, add a sprinkle of nuts, puffed quinoa, seeds, or granola on top before eating.
If you want to make the layers pretty and distinct, refrigerate the pudding and compote separately. In the morning, layer the ingredients after they’ve thickened up, to prevent them from mixing.
If you liked this vanilla chia pudding, check out:
- Summer Blackberry Parfait w/ Granola & Simple Jam
- How to Make Simple Fruit Compote
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Overnight Oats
- Ultimate Summer Breakfast Parfait w/ Simple Fruit Compote
- Go-To Chia Breakfast Pudding
- Easy Overnight Oats
If you make this vanilla chia pudding or strawberry compote, leave a star rating or comment below! Your feedback is so helpful to me and other readers. You can also tag me in your meal pics on Instagram @katiesconsciouskitchen, or join my free private facebook group to share your creations and inspire others! I love to see what you all are making out there.
Vanilla Chia & Strawberry Pudding
- 3/4 cup coconut yogurt, 6 oz
- 1/4 cup plant-based milk of choice, 2 oz
- 2 tbsp chia seeds, 1 oz
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup strawberries, chopped
- 1/2 tsp chia seeds
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1/4 cup strawberries, chopped
- The night before, mix the chia seeds with the milk, yogurt, and vanilla in a single serving glass, filling the glass about halfway to save room for the toppings. You may need to experiment with the ratios of milk and yogurt to get the consistency you like.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- In a small saucepan, simmer the 4 oz of fruit with the 1/2 tsp chia seeds and 1 Tbsp of water for 5 minutes, stirring well, until it is the consistency of loose jam.
- Transfer to a small bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, layer your pudding, compote, berries, and additional yogurt if desired. You could layer everything the night before too, but it will mix together more. If you care about the presentation and the layers being more visually distinct, this layers best after refrigeration.