This vegan sushi bowl has all the flavors of sushi without as much effort. This yummy bowl manages to be light, fresh, and flavorful, while rich, filling and satisfying all at the same time.
Vegan Sushi Bowl w/ Sriracha Lime Dressing
- 1/2 cup dry sushi rice, soaked for an hour at room temperature
- 1 Tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sugar, optional
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 2-3 carrots, sliced
- 3/4 cup shelled edamame, 6 oz
- 1/2 avocado, 2 oz sliced
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp vegan mayo, or use dairy mayo if you prefer
- 1 tsp dark toasted sesame oil
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 tsp soy sauce, or tamari for gluten free
- 1/2 tsp Sriracha sauce, or more to taste
- Furikake seasoning or crumbled nori sheets
- Green onions
- Sesame seeds
- Soak the sushi rice for about an hour at room temperature and then simmer, covered, just like regular rice for about 15 minutes. Remove from heat.
- When the rice is cooked, transfer to a large bowl and allow the rice to cool to room temperature. As it cools, gently fold the rice vinegar and sugar into the rice without mashing it.
- Meanwhile, chop the veggies and make the dressing.
- If using frozen edamame, place in boiling water for a few minutes to thaw, and drain.
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a small bowl with a fork. Add water to reach desired consistency. Divide into 2 equal servings
- Divide the ingredients and dressing equally between two bowls. Assemble your sushi bowls lovingly and add garnishes.