Warm Lentil Salad w/ Brussels Sprouts & Pepitas
This warm salad is comforting and light at the same time, perfect for spring.Print Pin Ratings & Comments
- 1/2 red onion, leeks, or shallots, diced
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful of pea shoots, or dark greens or cruciferous veggies such as kale, chard, cabbage, or baby broccoli
- 1 sweet potato, diced
Protein & Fats
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1/4 cup sprouted lentils
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of garlic salt, to taste
Roast the Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and arrange the oven rack to be evenly spaced in the middle, not too close to the top or bottom of the oven.
- Line a large sheet pan or baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper!) Distribute the brussels sprouts, cubed sweet potatoes, red onion, and red peppers in a single layer on the pan, giving them a little space.
- Lightly drizzle oil on them (they don’t need much because of the parchment paper), add a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat with your hands.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is soft and brussels sprouts are browned. Garnish with the pecans and transfer to a pretty serving dish. Serve warm.
Assemble the Salad
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a cup with a fork.
- Toss the warm veggies with the pea shoots, warm cooked lentils, and dressing.
- For instructions on sprouting lentils, check out this post.
Save This Recipe to Your Personal Library!Check out my recipe app where you can gain access to my complete recipe library and save and organize your favorites! It has lots of other awesome features too, including meal planning tools and automatic grocery lists! ♡ Learn More ♡