Warm Lentil Salad w/ Brussels Sprouts & Pepitas
- 1/2 red onion, leeks, or shallots, diced
- 1/2 lb brussels sprouts, quartered
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 handful of pea shoots, or dark greens or cruciferous veggies such as kale, chard, cabbage, or baby broccoli
- 1 sweet potato, diced
Protein & Fats
- 1/2 cup cooked lentils
- 1/4 cup sprouted lentils
- 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, or sunflower seeds
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- pinch of garlic salt, to taste
Roast the Veggies
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and arrange the oven rack to be evenly spaced in the middle, not too close to the top or bottom of the oven.
- Line a large sheet pan or baking sheet with parchment paper (not wax paper!) Distribute the brussels sprouts, cubed sweet potatoes, red onion, and red peppers in a single layer on the pan, giving them a little space.
- Lightly drizzle oil on them (they don’t need much because of the parchment paper), add a pinch of salt and pepper and toss to coat with your hands.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, or until the squash is soft and brussels sprouts are browned. Garnish with the pecans and transfer to a pretty serving dish. Serve warm.
Assemble the Salad
- Mix the dressing ingredients in a cup with a fork.
- Toss the warm veggies with the pea shoots, warm cooked lentils, and dressing.
- For instructions on sprouting lentils, check out this post.