Pumpkin Spiced Breakfast Cookies
Grain | Protein | Fruit/Veg
- 1/2 cup rolled oats, dry 2 oz
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pumpkin purée 4 oz
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce 4 oz
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 Tbsp almond butter 1 oz
- 3/8 cup chopped nuts (I used a mix of pumpkin seeds, walnuts, and pecans) 3 oz
- 1.5 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice or make your own, see notes
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 350 °F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and mix well.
Drop scoops of batter onto the baking sheet to make 6 cookies. To make them extra pretty, sprinkle a few nuts and cranberries on top.
Bake for 15-20 minutes, until firmed up and holding together.
Let cool for a few minutes before eating. Serve warm, or cooled.
These can be made ahead and store well.
- To make your own pumpkin pie spice, combine the following:
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/8 tsp ground allspice
- Feel free to sweeten these with 1 Tbsp of maple syrup or honey, and a few chocolate chips.
- This recipe makes 2 weight loss friendly breakfasts, so divide the batch in half.