No-Need-For-Sweetener Summer Fruit Crisp w/ Coconut Yogurt
Grain | Fruit | Proteins | Fat
- 1 ripe peach or other fruit of choice, 6 oz
- 1 cup blackberries or other fresh berries of choice, 6 oz
- 1/2 cup rolled oats 2 oz
- 1/4 cup coarse almond meal
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil olive oil, or vegan butter
- 1 Tbsp honey, agave, or maple syrup optional, if you like it a bit sweeter
- scoop of dairy or non-dairy yogurt of choice
- I love CoYo coconut yogurt, pictured in photo or vanilla ice cream (such as Coconut Bliss) for an extra special treat!
Preheat the oven to 350° F and lightly grease a cast iron pan or baking dish (with sides) with oil or butter.
Add the fruit to the pan or baking dish in a flat layer.
Combine the topping ingredients together in a separate bowl (including the oil) and add on top of the fruit in an even layer.
Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until the fruit is bubbling a little and the topping is nicely browned.
Allow to cool a little, and then serve warm alongside a scoop of yogurt or ice cream of choice.
- To make this crisp gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats. Oats are a naturally gluten-free grain, but are often processed with products containing gluten and this contamination can be enough to trigger an immune response in those with high gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.