Pumpkin Oat Muffins
Fruit | Veggies | Grain | Protein
Fruit & Veggies
- 3 oz pumpkin puree unsweetened
- 3 oz banana, mashed about 1 small banana
- 2 Tbsp almond butter 1 oz
- 2 Tbsp dry toasted pecans 1 oz
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice see notes for DIY version
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
Preheat the oven to 375°F. Lightly grease muffin tins or use muffin liners.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well.
Scoop the batter into each muffin tin almost all the way to the top. I usually make 4 muffins.
Bake for 25-30 minutes or until they have firmed up.
Cool completely before eating, otherwise they will be too gooey.
- DIY Pumpkin Pie Spice:
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp allspice
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- To make these muffins gluten-free, be sure to use certified gluten-free oats. Oats are a naturally gluten-free grain, but are often processed with products containing gluten and this contamination can be enough to trigger an immune response in those with high gluten sensitivity or celiac disease.