This warm, flavorful, wonderful curry is inspired by this recipe from Minimalist Baker. I have adapted the ratios but most of this recipe comes from the original, except for the amounts of coconut milk and the removal of sweeteners. This recipe comes together quickly, under 30 minutes! It was SO tasty. I was so impressed.
- 1 medium onion
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 large head of broccoli
- Frozen peas to reach desired veggie weight
- 8 oz roasted whole cashews
- 10 oz regular fat coconut milk
- 2 fresh mangos or 12 oz frozen
Condiments & Spices
- 2 Tbsp minced fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp chili paste
- 1-3 tsp red curry paste or more, depending on desired heat
- 2-3 tsp soy sauce or tamari
- 2 tsp ground turmeric
- Pinch of salt
- 1 lemon juiced
- Fresh basil or cilantro to garnish
- In a heavy bottomed pot over medium heat, sauté the onion, ginger, garlic, chili paste, and curry paste in a tiny bit of coconut oil for a couple of minutes, until fragrant and softened. Or, to make this meal oil free, dry sauté covered with a lid.
- Add coconut milk, salt, soy sauce, and turmeric, and simmer over medium heat for a few minutes.
- Add all the veggies except the peas to the pot.
- Simmer for 5-10 minutes, covered, stirring occasionally.
- When the veggies are softened, add fruit, peas, and lemon juice, and simmer for 3-4 minutes more over low heat.
- Garnish with cashews and fresh basil or cilantro.
- This meal keeps well for a few days. I add the cashews at the end before serving, so they don’t get soggy.